Strong Builders Construction, Inc.
specializes in re-roofing projects for residential, commercial and industrial buildings, including multi-units re-roofing projects.
Our services include:
- Roof Replacement
- Gutter Replacement
- Roof Maintenance
- Emergency Leak Service
- Roof Surveys
- Home Maintenance Programs
A roof is the covering on the uppermost part of a building and protects the building and its contents from the effects of weather, primarily against rains. Depending upon the nature of the building, the roof may also protect against heat, sunlight, cold, and wind. Other types of structure, for example, a garden conservatory, might use roofing that protects against cold, wind and rain but admits light. A verandah may be roofed with material that protects against sunlight but admits the other elements.
There are two parts to a roof, its supporting structure and its outer skin, or uppermost weatherproof layer.
Main Functions of a Roof:
- Insulation. Poorly insulated roofing can suffer from problems such water penetration from upper parts of the roof to the roofing material.
- Drainage. The large area of a roof repels a lot of water, which must be directed in some suitable way, so that it does not cause damage or inconvenience.
The checklists below can help you identify areas where work on your roof may be needed:
- Trim back tree branches that scrape against or overhang the roof. Keep branches away from chimney to avoid fire hazard and allow proper draft for safe and efficient operation.
- Check for curled, damaged, loose, or missing shingles.
- Check the lower edge of roof sheathing for water damage.
- Examine all roof flashing and the flashing around chimneys, vent stacks, roof edges, dormers, and skylights.
- Make sure that the chimney cover (cap) in good condition, and that it is tall enough to prevent creosote build-up.
- Check vents and louvers for free air movement. Clean screens and remove bird nests, spiders, insects, and dust.
- If there are wind turbines on the roof, check ball bearings. Clear gable vents of bird’s nests and other obstructions.
- Check for damaged gutters, downspouts, hangers, and strainers. If needed, clean out gutters and downspouts. Make sure they are free from leaks and rust.
- Check the condition of paint on gutters.
- Examine television antenna guy wires and support straps.
We Provide Top-Quality Roof Repair & Replacement Services
RELIABILITY, CONSISTENCY AND INTEGRITY ARE THE HALLMARKS OF OUR REPUTATION
Looking for price quote or additional information? Call us now or fill out the form below with your contact info and brief project description: